Leveling and smoothing of floors with self-leveling cement mortar
FLOWCRET 1-10 Self-leveling, polymer-modified cementitious screed
FLOWCRET 1-10 EXPRESS Fast-setting, self-leveling, polymer modified cementitious screed
UNI-PRIMER Acrylic, water-based primer
ADIPLAST Polymer latex for multiple improvements of mortars
I. NATURE OF THE PROBLEM – REQUIREMENTS
The surface of concrete floors is usually uneven, making it difficult to fix tiles, carpet, plastic flooring etc.
It is necessary to create a levelled, smooth and durable surface if such floorings (as described above) are to be successfully applied.
This kind of surfaces may also be required as finishing layers for floors in places such as basements, home storerooms, attics etc.
The application of FLOWCRET 1-10, self-leveling polymer modified cementitious flooring, successfully meets all the above requirements.
It is ideal for leveling and smoothing surfaces that are going to be covered with various floorings such as tiles, carpet, plastic flooring etc. It can also function as the final surface of floors in basements, attics, home storerooms etc.
- The surface must be stable and free of dust, dirt, grease, loose particles, etc.
- The surface should be primed with UNIPRIMER or with ADIPLAST diluted 1:1 with water, and is left to dry for two hours.
Primer consumption: 200-300 g/m2.
Application of FLOWCRET 1-10
- A clean container is filled with 6,5 litres of water and the content of a 25 kg bag of FLOWCRET 1-10 is gradually added, under continuous stirring, until a uniform fluid mass without lumps is formed. A low revolution (300 rpm) mixer may be used for mixing.
- The FLOWCRET 1-10 mixture should be spread in a single layer, with the aid of a large rubber spatula (rakel), at a thickness of up to 10 mm.
Consumption is approx. 1,65 kg/m2 for a 1mm layer thickness.
For applications at thickness of 10-30 mm, 0-4 mm particle size sand is added in proportion of 30-50% by weight.
- To remove any air trapped in the self-leveling compound, the surface should be rolled with a special spiked roller. This inhibits formation of bubbles.
- The temperature during application must be between +50C and +350C.
- During summer months, it is recommended that FLOWCRET 1-10 is not exposed to direct sunlight after its application, in order to be protected from dehydration due to high temperatures.
- Any quantity of the mixture that has started to set should not be used.
- FLOWCRET 1-10 contains cement and reacts as alkaline with water, so it is classified as irritant.
- Consult the usage risks and safety advice written on the bag.
- In case it is desirable the floor to be walkable after 3 hours or to be covered within 24 hours then, instead of FLOWCRET 1-10, it is recommended the use of FLOWCRET 1-10 EXPRESS.